TITLE: Staff Accountant
SALARY: $24-26 per hour
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial procedures and confirming financial compliance through preparation of a company’s reports and statements. This position manages the accounts receivables for Members at Mountain Lake.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Maintains Member’s records and accounts, including:
- Collect all Member charges
- Process credit card payments
- Post charges to accounts from all club revenue centers
- Prepare and mail Member charges and statements and process monthly billings
- Receive and reconcile payments on accounts
- Prepare deposits and process Members’ payments on their accounts
- Advise Controller about delinquent member accounts, send, and post delinquency notices
- Respond to Member billing inquiries
- Coordinate the resolution of Member disputes with the appropriate department head and the Member
- Process Member transfers and inform appropriate personnel of changes and additions
- Prepare and post suspended member lists
- Update daily revenues
- Audit point-of-sale charges and credit card sales
- Audit banquet revenues with banquet event orders
- Audit other event and tournament revenues
- Maintains the following records:
- Member accounts
- Accounts Receivable trail balance
- Daily, weekly, and monthly receivable deposits
- Print daily sales and other revenue reports as requested.
- Process inter-club billing.
- Coordinate with managers on complimentary items.
- Assist with month end closing and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Conduct daily and weekly reporting for department heads.
Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF:
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Advanced level of Excel, Word, and other basic computer operations
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Exporting of data to Excel and the manipulation, analysis, and interpretation of that data
- JONAS accounting software is a plus
- Hospitality/resort/country club operations
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Meet time schedules, deadlines, and plan and organize work
- Work confidently with discretion and independently with little direction
- Work cooperatively with others using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field
- Work with confidential data with discretion
- Read and analyze financial reports
- Multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Deal with interruptions in daily tasks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A.S./A.A. in Accounting or Finance; a B.S. is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting/accounts receivable experience; 3 or more years of experienced preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of GAAP experience; 3 or more years of experience preferred
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- None required.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop and kneel.
- Must have the visual acuity to see the computer screen and paperwork.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member works in an office environment. In this environment:
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and temperatures.
- Minimum to moderate noise level in the work environment.