TITLE: Security Officer
SALARY: $15 per hour
Responsible for general security and fire prevention on club property. Patrol club facilities and property to ensure safety of members, guests, team members, and the club’s assets including property. Makes timely written and oral reports, as required. Observes and enforces club safety rules and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Observe all persons entering and leaving the property and remains alert for internal theft, suspicious persons and/or vehicles.
- Conduct nightly patrols of Bok Tower Gardens to include all buildings and parking lot area.
- Inspect all parcels, handbags, boxes, or other containers carried by team members to and from work.
- Ensure that team members do not leave the premises with uniform, flowers, food, beverages, or unauthorized club property in accordance with established policies.
- Enforce all team-related rules and regulations of club.
- Answer night connection telephone and assist as required.
- Monitor security camera system.
- Respond to emergency, fire alarms and break-in alarms and contacts the Director of Security and Operations Support and/or police in the event of a disturbance.
- Administer CPR, AED, and First Aid, if necessary.
- Patrol parking lots; prevent unauthorized vehicles and people from using parking lots.
- Note any deficiencies in club’s security measures.
- Maintain accurate log of all security staff activities.
- Conduct intermittent inspections of the clubhouse, grounds, and all other club facilities. Assure that all internal and external doors are locked according to club’s policies.
- Report unsecure walk-in cooler and refrigerated storage areas in kitchen to the Chef.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle and inspect fluids and preventative maintenance.
- Make deliveries of newspapers, packages, food, and any other items, as necessary.
Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Excel, Word, and basic computer operations
- Operating office and job-related equipment such as radios, phone system, alarms, gates, video equipment, etc.
- Working with the public, especially in a fast pace setting helpful
- Emergency 911 notification procedures
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proper English grammar in report writing
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize workflow to meet time schedules, deadlines, and plan and organize work
- Work confidently with discretion and independently with little direction
- Work cooperatively with others using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Work with confidential data with discretion
- Work independently and uphold a strict level of confidentiality and professional discretion
- Must be able to remain alert throughout overnight shifts
- Attention to detail
- Remain alert throughout all shifts, especially overnight
- Must encompass basic coping skills for stressful situations that may arise
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous service in the US Armed Forces; local police, state police or sheriff’s office desirable
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and/or REGISTRATIONS
- State of Florida Class “D” Security Officer License
- State of Florida Class “G” Statewide Firearm License
- Certification in Basic CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking with occasional bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing, jumping, crawling, running, and pulling
- Frequent repetitive motions and use of hands to finger, hand to feet, reach with hands and arms, taste, or smell
- Occasionally lift, drag and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception at normal range or with accommodations
- Ambulate independently
- Hear at normal level or with accommodations, moderate noise level in the work environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and dangerous chemicals/solvents
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Exposure to various types of Florida weather conditions including sunshine, humidity, heat, and rain