TITLE: Maintenance Technician
SALARY: $15-17 per hour
Works with the Residential Services team to ensure all areas of the Club and auxiliary buildings remain in working order. This includes preventative maintenance, repairs, renovation, and special. Complete work orders on Residents’ homes and facilitate repairs that are done with outside vendors. Keep track of inventory and department adjustments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Diagnose and implement repairs to:
- Paint interior and exterior surfaces
- Commercial washers and dryers
- Minor HVAC problems: install thermostats and set programming
- Minor electrical problems and projects
- Minor plumbing problems and projects
- Minor irrigation repairs
- Refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, glass chillers, commercial ovens (electric or gas), fryer units, convection ovens, commercial mixers, exhaust hoods, and other kitchen related items
- Move furniture/other items
- Clean buildings
- Communicate very well with team and customers
- Conduct manual labor tasks both inside and outside in all weather conditions
Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF:
- Excel, Word, and basic computer operations
- Basic maintenance issues and how to resolve them
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Follow directions
- Meet time schedules, deadlines, and plan and organize work
- Work confidently with discretion and independently with little direction
- Work cooperatively with others using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Diagnose and implement repairs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in maintenance field, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical repairs, ceramic tile work, drywall work, and HVAC
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSES
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Frequent sitting, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, stooping, climbing, and pulling
- Specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both in an office and outdoors overseeing buildings.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and dangerous chemicals/solvents
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Exposure to various types of Florida weather conditions including sunshine, heat, and rain
- Must encompass basic coping skills for stressful situations that may arise