Lead Bellman (Seasonal)
TITLE: Lead Bellman (Seasonal)
SALARY: $16 per hour
The bellman area lead is a guest facing representative of the club and will often be the first in-person contact for our Members and guests. This individual is responsible for guest services at the club as set forth herein to keep the club functioning at top efficiency. This position functions in a leadership capacity to assist with ongoing training and development of the bellman/valet services. Goals aligned in this position are set to provide ongoing helpful and knowledgeable service to our members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assist guests with luggage and directions as they check-in/out of the Colony House.
- Daily set up of rooms for Bridge, Mah Jongg, Backgammon, and Afternoon Tea.
- Coordinate with front desk to determine room status.
- Offer valet service (scheduled) for all Members and guests arriving for lodging, dinner and special events.
- Communicate with other areas to arrange services, such as front desk and housekeeping.
- Maintain public areas – cleanliness and upkeep.
- Deliver any mail, packages, amenities, cribs, ice, or other requested items to rooms.
- Coordinate with front desk on utilization of recreational activities equipment.
- Assist the Guest Services Manager in training and performance development of bellman and valet services.
- Learn and cover front desk positions as needed.
- Assist with scheduling of bellman/valet services.
- Participate as a guest services duty manager to liaison and support front line guest services team members.
- Assist mailroom, front desk, and housekeeping when necessary.
- Learn and participate in the front desk role.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Assist the Guest Services Manager in overseeing the training and development of the bellman and valet services team members. Ongoing support in position as bellman and cross area coverage to support the front desk team accordingly will be necessary in this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF:
- Excellent customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in English grammar.
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft office.
- Proficient in operating office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, fax machines and multi-line phone systems.
- Vehicle operation and valet services.
- Team leadership (engaged and active) – leader by example.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Meet time schedules, deadlines, plan and organize work.
- Work confidently and independently with little direction.
- Work cooperatively with others using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Work independently and uphold a strict level of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Work with guests in a fast-paced setting.
- Perform the required role during emergency situations.
- Adapt into a positive team dynamic and have a flexible approach to the needs of establishing a strong team culture.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of club, resort, or other hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in a leadership role preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and/or REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and stand for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop and kneel.
- Must have the visual acuity to see the computer screen and paperwork.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle safely with no restrictions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Florida weather conditions can vary. This position may experience various types of weather including hot, cold and wet conditions.Apply Now