Mountain Lake is an exceptionally private club and residential community. Built in 1916, it has a reputation for excellence and has developed one of the finest private club communities in Florida. This unique, one-of-a-kind community is a Five-Star Platinum Club and has been awarded numerous accolades, awards, and is proud to be recognized in the Golf Week/USA Today’s 2022 Top Ten Residential Golf Communities in the US
We are seeking a F&B Manager with the same level of excellence that will be energetic, visible, and an interactive individual with Members, guests, and staff. This position directs and oversees all bar service facets including personnel, drink mix, ordering, vendor selection with direction from Senior Dining Services Manager, inventory, and assisting with serving at catering events. This position is an integral part of the success of the Club and a key member of the F&B Management Team. Ultimate responsibilities in the department are member and guest satisfaction and safety, financial performance and employee safety and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage F&B staff in day-to-day ala carte dining operations including but not limited to banquets, caterings, and various club events.
- Provide a visible presence in the Colony House and Pool House to assist members, guests, and employees, especially during Member ala carte services.
- Direct Banquet/Catering Service and Setup staff with other F&B management team in ensuring the members and guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- Describe, assign, and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of all the food and beverage bar areas (i.e., catering, pool, restaurants, banquets, 11thTee).
- Manage and direct the dining room floor including training team members and monitoring food and beverage service for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
- Review and analyze various financial results/reports to monitor overall bar performance and help to take any corrective actions that may be needed.
- Monitor market conditions that impact bar offerings, business volume, and profitability.
- Execute inventory control and calculation for monthly analysis and reconciliation.
- Identify opportunities to control liquor and beverage costs and other expenses.
- Work closely with the Controller on policies and procedures and the monthly inventory processes.
- Participate with the Chef, Food & Beverage Managers and Catering Managers in adding wine selections to the menus to enhance the dining experience in both our dining rooms and banquets events while incorporating a menu pricing structure that will support the bottom-line goals.
- Direct ordering amounts, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settlement and accuracy, storage temperatures and areas.
- Continually research liquor and soda vendor possibilities, pricing, service, and evaluate vendor relationships to the benefit of the club and stay on top of innovated and current trends within the Club and bar industry.
- Work with the Catering Department in assisting them with the pricing for bar services (approval by GM/Board of Directors); may carry out planning with regards to the bar service, production, and closure of all events.
- Implement policies and procedures for the bar while working with the Food and Beverage Manager which may include compliance of company standards relating to quality of products and services (subject to Board of Directors approval).
- Together with Food and Beverage Managers, this position is responsible for participating in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Performs other work-related duties as prescribed by Senior Dining Services Manager,
Colony House Manager, GM, or other Club Leadership.
Oversee all dining team members.
Possess 3 years of progressive experience in a country club or relevant restaurant
environment. Experience must include food and beverage and leadership experience.
Have superior member service skills and the ability to maintain poise under pressure.
Have flexible schedule and the ability to assist and support all functions under their
A vast knowledge in drink recipes; wine knowledge; knowledge of scheduling bar staff
proportionate to volume. Knowledge of the appropriate drinkware to be used in
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF:
- Use Microsoft Office, Jonas System, and general Internet computer skills
- Proficient with computer software including Jonas Management System, Jonas Activity Management, Canva.
- Proficient in operating office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, and phone system.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
- Work independently and uphold a strict level of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Be organized, flexible and ready to meet the needs of the club.
- Be able to convey information and ideas clearly for all to comprehend.
- Maintain composure under pressure and be able to anticipate a situation before it expands.
- Prevent, identify, and solve problems in a positive manner.
- Show initiative and urgency in the performance of the tasks at hand.
- Keep a positive demeanor at all times and initiate this through the team.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Greet Members, visitors and callers, handle inquiries and direct to the appropriate department according to their needs.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize workflow to ensure deadlines are met and work is completed correctly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or relevant experience
- Minimum three (3) or more years in high-end hospitality or country club experience
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Intro CMS (required) or WSET Level I (wine)
- Certified Court of Master Sommelier (preferred)
- ServSafe Manager Certified
- TIPS (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
Mountain Lake is a drug free work environment. All new hires are required to pass a drug screening prior to employment. Mountain Lake also conducts background checks on all new hires.
Interested individuals may send their resume to:
Todd Whisenant at ToddW@MountainLakeFlorida.com. Please, no recruiters and no phone calls.Apply Now